Ready to join the CMSA community? Becoming a member is all it takes to access our league registration, events, and fun!
All CMSA participants must join CMSA as an annual member in order to sign up for a sport. Our membership year runs from September through August – sign up once as a member, and you are all set for the entire year! You’ll be able to pay your membership fee when you sign up for your first sport of the membership year, and then you’re a member through August!
CMSA is an all-volunteer organization—so your membership fee doesn’t go toward corporate overhead or salaries; it’s used for you, our players! The fee covers insurance, access to the CMSA annual party, marketing and giveaways, and so much more.
Click below to learn more about how to become a CMSA member and how membership works.
You can click here to become a member today! Otherwise, you will be prompted to become a member when you register for your first CMSA sport of a new membership year.
The CMSA membership year runs from September through the following August
No. You’ll sign up for your membership for the first sport you play each membership year, and then your membership covers the remainder of your sports for that membership year. For example, if you play winter indoor soccer, spring flag football, and summer beach volleyball, your membership fee would be paid when you sign up for winter indoor soccer – and then your membership covers the remainder of your sports for the year!
The membership fee is $26.00 plus credit card processing fees.
Unfortunately, no. While you only need to pay the membership fee once per membership year, you must pay the applicable player and/or team fees for each sport you sign up for. These sport fees cover the park/facility rentals, referees, equipment, and other sport-specific costs. The membership fees cover your insurance, your attendance at the annual party, marketing and other overhead expenses for the organization.
No. You must become a CMSA member in order to join a sport.
CMSA takes these matters very seriously.
Why is this important? We have worked closely with members, captains, and other league leaders to identify methods to build safety into our leagues. We hold every member, leader, and participant to the CMSA Code of Conduct (see below) which includes both online and in-person activities and events tied to CMSA.
If any player, captain, and/or leader feels unsafe would like to open up more about this topic and confidentially report it, they should complete this Discrimination and Harassment form and/or email email@example.com
--Which two teams were playing?
CMSA CODE OF CONDUCT (as of 1/2022)
CMSA believes that all participants have a right to a safe and healthy environment to participate in sports and recreational activities. CMSA, its league and game officials, and participants have an obligation to promote mutual respect, tolerance, and acceptance. CMSA expects participants to abide by the following code of conduct.
1. Promote the reputation of CMSA and take all possible steps to prevent our organization from being brought into disrepute
2. Not use foul or abusive language or gestures toward league and game officials, players, managers, or spectators.
3. Not take any action which is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, humiliate, or discriminate against participant, league and game official, or spectators on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, disability, age, religious or political belief, ethnic origin, social background, language, or marital/civil partner status through words or actions. Such behavior includes: direct physical contact, such as hitting or shoving; verbal assaults, such as teasing or name-calling.
4. Not possess weapons during league play or CMSA-sponsored events.
5. Not use or be under the influence of illegal drugs during league play or CMSA-sponsored events.
6. Not consume or be under the influence of alcohol during league play or CMSA-sponsored events unless expressly permitted by the league and host facility.
7. Any participant or official who engages in any of the aforementioned actions may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including suspension and/or expulsion from CMSA.
8. This code of conduct applies to participants during league play, CMSA-sponsored events, and situations arising from or a direct result of a CMSA event.
9. Shall immediately report incidents to the league commissioner or main board of directors. Participants or officials who witness such acts should take immediate steps to intervene when safe to do so. Each complaint should be promptly investigated.